Illness

Illness is a part of life with small children, but it can be very difficult. Benjamin has bronchitis, and it took two visits to doctors to get it diagnosed which I find very frustrating. We all haven't been sleeping well because he coughs all night, but we finally have medication and he is sleeping better now. I would do anything to make his illness go away, but so much of that is time and getting the right medications. We have been sick a lot this year because of Joy School and Damons' profession we are exposed to all kinds of illnesses. We'll have to work more on preventative immunity. 

Church was interesting today. We were taught about fulfilling our callings, which is difficult when your family has experienced illness. Damon's gallbladder removal was successful, and he is finally feeling better, which should make life calm down quite a bit He should finally start to feel better after four years of stomach problems due to a broken gall bladder. It will be nice to have our dietary restrictions simplified. Health is always an issue for families, but ours has been a long journey. I don't want to be a fanatic, but more and more it is becoming necessary for us to eat organic, healthy foods just to maintain our style of living. The more I learn, the more I am convinced that diet has a big role in our health.

On a happier note. I got to play with my favorite "niece". Nina sleeps so peacefully with me, and she squealed happily when I took her from her mom. We go to class together while her mom teaches the teenage girls. It is nice to have a friend and she is so well-behaved. She will go to nursery soon, and that will be hard for me. I have a hard time watching Benjamin grow up too. In my mind I know it is a necessary part of development and that he has to grow up and become more independent, but sometimes I wish I could keep them little, sweet and innocent. It would be nice to be able to hold onto that part of them forever. I suppose that's why mom's take pictures and video, so when they are old and gone, we can look back and remember.