Chronic Illness

This blog was initially set-up so birth mothers could come to our site and learn more about our family, in the hopes that we would be chosen to adopt their child. I have struggled with the concept of revealing too much information for years, but since I never learn . . . I am going to use this as a forum to also discuss the ups and downs that our family has.

I have fibromyalgia, asthma, and celiac sprue. It means that I can't eat most of the good foods out there, am tired and sore a lot, and have trouble breathing when I finally work up the energy to exercise. It isn't fun, but as my doctor's have frequently pointed out, it also will not kill me.

Benjamin also has asthma, and seems to benefit from a gluten free diet. Damon is allergic to milk, which really gets annoying. Many families have a gluten free/casien free diet because of autism, ours just happened to work out that way.

I don't like being sick, and have hid it, complained about it, fought it, and ignored it. My current goal is to accept it. In a book I love called Feel the Fear . . and Do It Anyway the concept of how we experience life came up. I experience life as a sick person. It is the perspective of a victim, and a martyr, and I hate it. It's time for that to change, except today I have a good old fashioned cold, and would really like someone to take care of me.

I spent the last month fighting doctors to test me for things because they thought my illness was stress based. I've had more medical procedures and tests than I can count, and I have really bad genetic tendencies. I'm in pain a lot, and I have made others around me miserable at times because that it how I felt, and I didn't know better. I hope I know better now. Today I will rest and recover. Tomorrow I will try again.